Check out our adventures and what we learned on them

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Market Lady

So, In Vietnam, we were walking to the market for a cooking class. We had made some banana leaf salad and corn soup. We enter the market and there are fish heads, dead frogs, millworms, and the smell just hits you walking in. A lady chopping a chicken heart looked at my dad and yelled, "I hate you!" We were pretty confused. Then she said, "I love you!"Which was also pretty confusing. We paused, looked at the tour guide, and the tour guide asked, "You go with her now?" in a serious manner. We laughed at the occasion,  but I started to think. In Vietnam, if you say I love you to somebody, do you just go with them and leave your family for a stranger? I don't know. The occasion was hilarious though.

No comments:

Post a Comment