Check out our adventures and what we learned on them

Friday, August 25, 2017

Beatboxing

After a long day of touring townships and visiting Robben Island (the prison where Nelson Mandela was held), we were waiting outside to be picked up by my dad. Being in a completely new place, it took a while for my dad to get there so I just began beatboxing. Prior to that, while visiting the townships I learned there was a tribal dialect referred to as Xhosa which consists of a lot of clicking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trq_gIe1v04 (Video on how to speak Xhosa). Anyway, I was beatboxing when a woman looked up at me, at that point, I just remembered that Xhosa existed. I thought I may have offended her, but then she just looked down and smiled. I was alleviated. The moral of this story is even when they're not words, be careful what comes out of your mouth, you might be saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment