Check out our adventures and what we learned on them

Friday, August 25, 2017

Vietnam Donut Story

My family was walking down the streets of Vietnam to get back to the tour bus. I woman sitting on the side of the side walk offered me a donut, I took it. My dad stopped me before I put my arm up to my mouth, "Don't eat that!" I then put it down, wrapped it in a tissue, and waited till we turned the corner to throw it away (We American are just too nice). Later, while we're walking to go an eat lunch are tour guide says that we should avoid the donuts on the street because they can give you food poisoning or be lethal. "Most of the donuts," he said, "Have been fried in dirty oil or have been sitting out for a long time. I was stunned but also relieved. The moral of the story is when in Hanoi, don't take anything off of the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment